London Zoo Special Childrens Day
18th to 19th May, 10:00-18:00 | ZSL London Zoo Regent's Park London NW1 4RY
Once again London Zoo is holding it’s Special Childrens day over the weekend of the 18th and 19th May.
ZSL Special Children’s Day welcomes children with special needs and their families and friends to ZSL London Zoo on Saturday & Sunday 18 & 19 May.
Special Children’s Day is a unique annual event at ZSL London Zoo. With increased specialist facilities and number of staff, as well as special ‘interactive events’ and discounted entry, Special Children’s Day is an exciting and exceptional event not to be missed.
All children up to 18 £8.50, One carer Free per family.
Additional adults £12.75. Children under 3 Free.
To book reduced-price tickets for Special Children’s Day 2013, please click this link to provide us with further information. You will then be directed to our payment site.
For more detail about the zoo and the day click here
ZSL Special Children’s Day includes the whole of ZSL London Zoo with the largest collection of animals anywhere in the UK
- A Very Special Welcome:
Pick up your Special Children’s Day day-planner and exclusive discount vouchers. There are friendly zoo characters to meet and The Dixie Swing Band to dance too! Staff & Volunteers will be at hand to assist you as your fun day gets underway!
- The ‘Discovery Zone’: Includes hands-on activities and a chill out zone, meet live animals and discover all about the natural world, or take part in our Creative Recycling Event.
- (The Discovery Zone has been developed in collaboration with the National Autistic Society. ZSL staff have attended autism awareness sessions delivered by the NAS, who will be present on the day).
- Animal Feeds & Displays: Our amazing animal feeds & talks will be accompanied by British Sign Language interpreters throughout the weekend (pick up your sign language information sheet and display/feed times at the entrance).
- Rainforest Experience Our amazing sensory experience for children with sight impairment in London’s only living rainforest .(Please note this special experience is free but pre-booked only with limited capacity)
For more details and to book please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Animal Adventure: Meet some of our fantastic animals and Keepers, get close up and hands on in the ‘Touch Paddock’, or play in the splash zone, secret garden and tunnels.
- Arts & Craft Zone: Make your own badge or treats and toys for our animals, or get creative with our resident artists and have your art work exhibited in the Zoo!
- Sensory Storytelling Events: Interactive stories about the natural world. Shows are free and run throughout the day and all are welcome!
- NEW FOR 2013 – Singing Hands: Meet Suzanne & Tracy in person as they introduce you to the amazing world of animals through Makaton themed signs, songs, rhymes, stories and games. Shows are free and run throughout the day.
- NEW FOR 2013 – Pop-Up Shop: Get your ZSL Special Children’s Day souvenirs in our all new Special Children’s Day Pop-Up-Shop!
- Pick up an application form from the Special Children’s Day Pop-Up Shop for our SEN ‘Tiger Art Competition’, and celebrate with us the launch of Tiger Territory. Top prizes to be won!!
- NEW FOR 2013 – TIGER TERRITORY: Visitors will embark on a journey through an Indonesian habitat, coming face-to-face with beautiful tigers through the floor-to-ceiling glass windows. Working around the world to try to reverse the fate of the Sumatran tiger, Tiger Territory will enable ZSL to breed tigers at London Zoo and learn more about these elusive animals to apply to its field conservation projects. Tiger Territory will inform and inspire a generation of people to treasure the tiger and understand their role in its survival. Tiger Territory, the new ZSL flagship exhibit costing £3.6m, is opening at ZSL London Zoo in Spring 2013…just in time for Special Children’s Day!!